Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection: Safety First Posted on: 29, September, 2016
The Automotive Service Association (ASA) and ASA-Texas present:
Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection: Safety First
A Forum for ASA Members and Nonmembers on the Future of Vehicle Inspection Programs
Oct. 19 Forum | Noon-3:30 p.m. | Houston Area
San Jacinto College Transportation Center, 3331 Luella Blvd., which is near the college campus.
Join us for Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection: Safety First, a free, half-day forum for ASA members and nonmembers to explore how we can strengthen vehicle inspections. Experts from the public and private sectors will address the importance of for- mal inspection programs and their impact on the public.
The State and Federal Panel includes:
• Jade Winfree, senior analyst for the Government Accountabil- ity Office (GAO), presenting the findings of her office's 2015 study on state safety inspection programs
• Jojo Heselmeyer, senior manager of Compliance & Enforcement Service (CES) of the Texas Department of
Public Safety, discussing her experience with Texas' vehicle safety inspection program
Industry Panel participants include:
• Sybren Van der Pol, ASA-Texas representative, discussing strengthening Texas' inspection program
• Joe Battista, vice president of Sales and Business Development for Parsons Corporation, describing his firm's experience with government inspection services in the United States and around the world
• Mike Nowels, executive director, Texas State Inspections Association, on the opportunities and challenges that independent shop owners face as part of this issue
• Mike Risich, founder and CEO of BOLT ON TECHNOLOGY, will discuss his company's inspection re- cord-keeping software, as well as his experience with safety inspections and his work with ASA-PA
Reserve your seat for Periodic Motor Vehicle Inspection: Safety First at http://tinyurl.com/Oct-19Forumregistration.
Can't make it to the Forum? Attend ASA's webinar on Sept. 27 to hear industry representatives, vehicle repairers and ASA leadership share their views on the value of PMVI programs. To register for the webinar, go to http://tinyurl.com/ asavehicleinspectionswebinar. Forums like this are good examples of the ben- efits that ASA members enjoy year-round. Learn how ASA can help drive your shop's success at www.ASAshop.org.